MAKE MAGIC WRITERS WORKSHOP (aka PDX YOUNG WRITERS CAMP)
Monday – Friday
July 30 – August 3
9am – 12:30pm
PDX Parents! Are your kids writers? This summer camp will unleash your child’s creativity. There are a few spaces left. Pass it on!
Hey, PDX Young Writers! Want to write the next Harry Potter? Learn how to build worlds and turn your stories into writing magic! Worskhop includes writing time, fun activities, and visits from Magic Writing Experts and Authors Emily Whitman, Kari Luna, and Eric Kimmel. They’ll share their pro secrets – and you’ll share your words – in this adventurous workshop taught by Jacqueline Raphael, an awesome writer/mentor with over a decade’s worth of experience teaching and mentoring young writers. Includes one-on-one feedback, publishing advice, and a writer’s showcase at the end
PDX Young Writers Camp offers:
– Freedom to write what kids want to write
– Fun, inspiring lessons and activities
– Visits from Oregon authors
– One-on-one feedback sessions with instructors
– A celebration showcase
This summer’s guest writers include:
- Kari Luna, author of The Theory of Everything
- Eric Kimmel, author of more than 50 children’s books, including Hershel and the Hanukkah Goblins and Anansi and the Moss-Covered Rock.
- Emily Whitman, author of Radiant Darkness and Wildwing (and with a new book, The Turning, expected in July)
New this summer, we will offer a publishing track for students interested in getting their work out in the wider world! Sign up soon, as space is limited.
Grades 4,5,6 (and any former camper)
CAMP HAS COMPLETED